Sunday 15 May 2016

Åbning kommentarer of my key note address-Core and Apps in HR

Om hundred 'aar er alting glemt


Had it not been for the fact that I do not speak Danish, I would have been invited to be the key note speaker at a conference vis a vis (French) the future of HR, which is being held in Copenhagen, which happens to be in Denmark.

So very little has been written on the future of HR that I do not know where to begin, so as my late Dad Pierre Elliot Ramsbottom always advised me, I will start at the beginning; this is in line with my core value of being a trail blazer. 

This is what I had to say, had I been awarded the opportunity.

The "HR" title will remain "HR". 
True, HR used to be called Manpower, but England used to be an Imperial Power, and what does one thing have to do with another?  
The current value proposition of HR is so high, that no one in their right mind in the English speaking work would tinker with the HR "nomenclature". Om hundred 'aar er alting glemt.

The essence of HR is divided into core and application.

The core consists of process policing, hiring, firing, cost effective compensation, gossiping and sloganeering.

The applications include data mining, analytics, big data, people,robots, flags, immigration, visas, passport safekeeping, flexible ethics,  and promoting democracy in the Middle East.

The three most critical skills of agile HR business partnership are: feigning business acumen , partnership via boot-licking and operating People Day on a quarterly basis.

The global nature of HR manifests itself as promoter of the English language universal values such as women’s equality, openness and bringing more men into HR.

It is so very hard for me to suggest reading material on the future of HR, but I would ask that you all  consider reading English language web based articles, posted a Canadian gal who made it big, as it were, aka the First Lady of HR. 

2 comments:

  1. I think these words were written for me, I can really relate to what you're saying, Gloria. Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom. /Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tak Fru. I do hope many foreigners read my posts, non only the Nordic folks.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

How to determine a candidate's ability to work in an AI - rich environment

  "AI" could have been my middle name, but alas I was not given a middle name. This having been said, even someone who has no midd...

Glo at her best